To get accounting report data from Xero you need to be logged in into Xero. Then you need to select from the menu Add-ons -> G-Accon for Xero -> Standard Reports -> Trial Balance New.
Select Trial Balance New option from the drop down menu.
There are required and optional attributes for Trial Balance New report:
- Balance Date (Date format should be DD MMM, YYYY). You can select the static or dynamic date to generate the report
- Compare To (Previous Day, Previous Month, Previous Year)
- To Compare with ( from 1 to 24) previous periods
- Sort Previous Periods (Ascending/Descending)
- Cash Basis (false/true)
- Report Layout
- Column Title. You have the ability to select only the desired columns.
Xero provides Optional features that might be useful for your business.
Change Pull Settings allows you to perform the following operations:
- Create a new Google Sheet
- Display Report Title
- Create Deep Link to Xero
- Display only account codes
- Display only account names
- Keep Original Formatting
- Remove total/summary rows
- Retrieve headers
- Create a data Table around pulled data
- Freeze Data Table Header
- Exclude Auto Refresh
- Display report summaries
- Remove entry diving rows
- Show “Account Type” column.
You can also provide the start cell, for instance, A11. And provide the name of the template in Template Name field, for instance, Template #1.
To execute the process, click on the “Execute” button. The Trial Balance New details will be populated on the Google Sheet.
How to schedule automatic refresh?
To schedule the auto refresh, you can create a workflow thru the option Create Workflow and schedule auto refresh and notification processes. Automatic workflow allows users to create different workflows, include specific templates, set up the different schedules for different workflows, notify the customers, clients, and the team members using different automatic notifications within the same spreadsheet. See the Automation process for further explanation.
How to modify your report and update your template at the same place?
You are in the middle of the refresh process and you realize you need to modify your report. You need to select Add-ons -> G-Accon for Xero -> Update/Modify/Delete Templates for Current Sheet
Select the object, make the necessary changes to it and Update the template or Update and Execute the new query.