To connect to your G-Accon for Xero, G-Accon for Quick Books, and/or G-Accon for WorkflowMax Google Sheet, you need to open the Tableau application, select Connect, choose “More Server” (To a server) on the Connect menu; and select Google Sheets:
In the tab Tableau opens in your default browser, do the following:
- Sign in to Google Sheets using your email or phone, and then select Next to enter your password. If multiple accounts are listed, select the account that has the Google Sheets data you want to access and enter the password, if you’re not already signed in.
- Select Allow so that Tableau Desktop can access your Google Sheets data.
- Close the browser window when notified to do so.
- Select your G-Accon Google Sheet from the list or use the text box to search for a specific Google Sheet by name or by URL, and then select Connect.
The Select Your Google Sheet dialog box includes the following:
- The list of google sheets that you can select from includes your private sheets, sheets shared with you, and the public sheets that you’ve accessed in the past.
- If you search by URL and the URL doesn’t exist or you don’t have access to it, an error displays.
- You can select the Name and Last Opened By Me column names to sort the Google Sheets, and when you select a sheet you can preview it in the right pane. You cannot sort by Owned By.
- If you have many Google Sheets and want to find a particular sheet, you can use the search bar to narrow the results.
Select your sheet and click “Connect.”