To get accounting report data from Xero you need to be logged in into Xero. Then you need to select from the menu Add-ons -> G-Accon for Xero -> Get Accounting Reports -> Budget vs Actual.
Select Budget vs Actual option from the drop down menu.
There are required and optional attributes for Budget vs Actual report:
- Budget Date (Date format should be MMM, YYYY)
- Compare To (Previous year, Previous quarter, Previous month)
- To Compare with ( from 1 to 12) previous periods
- Sort Previous Periods (Ascending/Descending)
Xero provides Optional features that might be useful for your business.
Change Pull Settings allows you to perform the following operations:
- Create a new Google Sheet
- Display Report Title
- Create Deep Link to Xero
- Display only account codes
- Keep Original Formatting
- Retrieve headers
- Create a data Table around pulled data
- Freeze Data Table Header
- Exclude Auto Refresh
You can also provide the start cell, for instance, A11. And provide the name of the template in Template Name field, for instance, Template #1.
To schedule the auto Refresh, you can use option Schedule a Refresh. The important to remember this settings will take effect only if the master auto refresh process in turned on. See the Automation process explanation.
To execute the process, click on the “Execute” button. The Budget vs Actual details will be populated on the Google Sheet.